You are not able to change the Tax Amount in an Invoice.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Requests view.
- Select the respective Invoice Request and click on the Invoice button.
- In the New Invoice navigate to the Pricing tab.
- You can see that the Tax Amount cannot be changed.
It is not possible to maintain only a total tax amount for the entire customer invoice.
The total tax amount at the document level of the invoices is calculated aggregately i.e. by adding up individual item level tax amounts (calculated depending upon the tax rate, tax type, and tax rate type) and then rounding off that sum to relevant decimal places (as per that currency).
Tax rates are fixed to the selected tax codes which are then used to calculate the tax. The tax amount cannot be changed manually as it is calculated by the system.
You can adjust tax codes that are determined in order to receive a different tax rate, depending on country specific requirements. However a manual change of the tax amount within the document is not possible.
This is the expected system behavior.
Tax Amount; Change; Manually , KBA , SRD-CRM-INV , Customer Invoicing , Problem