Caught exception : exception 42567: Error during formula evaluation. : Expected numeric type class but got: 3
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a model and add a dimension (<DIMENSION>) with a property called TEST.
- Populate the dimension property "TEST" with numbers that contain floating decimal points (1.3333, 4.0002, 0.99, etc.).
- Add Account member with a formula that looks up the property (TEST). The formula for TEST is "[d/<DIMENSION>].[p/TEST]"
- Note: This can happen in the Account dimension (Modeler) or a story (Account calculation).
- Note: The member AVG does not have a formula and is populated by user input and/or imported from an external data source / file.
The formula ("[d/<DIMENSION>].[p/TEST]") references the property TEST of the dimension which only support string data types.
Convert (cast) the values of the dimension property to a numeric value using the DECFLOAT conversion function:
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , property lookup value does not cross cal , not cross calculate with account formula , LOD-ANA-ML , SAC Modelling , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , Problem