- Error rendering list report component in Canvas/ORD reports after picklist migration
- Some ORD/Canvas reports have validation errors after the picklist migration
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Report Center
- Run the canvas report that was working prior to the picklist migration
- The error message "Error rendering list report component" will be displayed
- Go back to Report Center
- Edit the report
- Click on Validate Page
- Click on Validate
- There will be validation errors e.g. Query contains an invalid autolink column ' ' (MEMB_PICKLIST_LABEL)' from table ' ' to table 'AUTO_OBJECT_PICKLIST_MDF_PicklistName'.
Picklists that have duplicate or different Picklist IDs compared with their Picklist ID prior to the migration are non backward compatible, meaning existing Advanced Reports reference the original Picklist ID, not the new Picklist ID, and will throw validation errors.
Existing reports that use these picklists require validation to identify and correct the report to use the new Picklist ID. Also, if any picklist ID is changed (new or legacy), it's required to validate the reports that contained this picklist. Please refer the documents below on how to fix validation errors in the Canvas reports:
- 2357604 - How to fix Advanced Reporting validation groups errors or single errors
- 2357821 - Advanced Reporting Validation Errors Descriptions, Cause and Fix - tips and tricks
- Help Portal - Locating Validation Errors in Report - Canvas
Note: New reports created post picklist migration will not have any Picklist Migration related issue.
Error rendering list report component Canvas ORD report picklist migration validation error query contains an invalid autolink colum label , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , Problem