When you are trying to upload Employee Data using the Migration Tool, you are receiving the error 'Employee inconsistent; employee ID in Identification missing'.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration and Choose Overview.
- Select the Activity Migration of Employee Data .
- In the Migration Tool, Upload the relevant file and then Execute Migration Step by Step.
- During simulation, you will get the mentioned error.
- Go to Business Configuration and then Overview.
- Selec the activity, Number Ranges for Employees and Service Agents.
- In the Number Range for Employees, You would have chosen the Prefix as Static.
- The system at runtime expects the length maintained to be respected in such case .
- For instance, If the length maintained is 13 and the employee ID passed is AB12345678. System will give an error, since the value expected is AB00012345678.
- In case, you want to use the static option the length should be respected and the records in the file needs to be modified accordingly( Length 13 in this case ).
- In case, you want to process the same file, then the prefix should be changed to none and the begin number and End number should be AB10000000 and AB99999999999 respectively.
Employee Migration, Number Range, Prefix , KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Problem