When adding a KUT field of type Object to a screen you get the error message "Technical error: Cannot read property 'createModelNodesFromJson' of undefined".
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the ABC Work Center (ABC represents the work center in question).
- Go to DEF View (DEF represents the relevant view).
- Open any TI screen.
- Click 'Start Adaptation' in the User Menu.
- Example: In the facet Overview of the relevant object TI, go to the section Header.
- Click the button 'Add' and then select the relevant field.
- Select a field of type Object or create it and click Apply.
- You receive the error message "Technical error: Cannot read property 'createModelNodesFromJson' of undefined".
You should not use the Edit button for Object type fields. Field Definition is not supported for Object type fields, it is incorrectly exposed.
Create the Object type field and add it to the UI with logged in language English. Then, log in with any other language and maintain the respective language label via Label Change KUT feature until the gap is fixed in one of the next releases. The option to launch Edit field via Add Field popup will be removed for Object type fields then as well.
extension field; KUT field; Object type; field definition; edit field; add field; language label; label change; error; , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-FLX , Page Layout & Key User Configuration , Problem