You are expecting the system to retrieve the description of the item maintained in an Invoice Document, but the value being displayed in the report is not the same as the description of the document.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Analytics work center.
- Select the Design Reports view.
- Search for the report Invoice Volume.
- Open the report.
- Select the Selection tab.
- Enter Invoice Document ID ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Invoice Document) as filter.
- Run the report.
- Go to the View tab.
- Enter the characteristics "Invoice" and "Product" under Rows.
- Click Apply
See the Description value displayed under Product ABC shows as "123", but in the Invoice Document the value is as 789.
The description is not retrieved from the Invoice document, but rather from the product maintenance.
The value being displayed for the description next to the Product field, is the description maintained at the master data level, such as Product or Service master data.
This is the expected system behavior.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influence Platform to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/SAPByDesign
Invoice Volume, Report, Description, Master Data, Invoice, Product , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , Problem