Context: Journal Entry Item not called from app Manage Substitution/Validation Rules
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
S/4 HANA CLOUD
With the next release 2011 a check when calling the Substitution Validation Tool in the context of "Journal Entry Item" will be repaired, currently the tool is not called for this context.
If no BAdi for the journal entry item exists in the app Custom fields and Logic , the workaround is creating an empty cloud BAdI for FI substitution in app Custom Fields and Logic to trigger substitution in Context: Journal Entry Item from app Manage Substitution/Validation Rules
- Open App Custom Fields and Logic
- Click tab "Custom Logic"
- Click + to add new Custom Logic
- Select "Business Context" Accounting: Journal Entry
"BAdi Description" Journal Entry Item Substitution
"Implementation Description" FIN_ITEM_SUB (example description)
Then Click "Create"
- If you want to add filter, click tab "Filter"
- Fill in the "filter condition" so your company code is included but there is no overlap and click "Save"
- For this workaround the logic can stay empty, Save Draft click "Publish".
F4406, Manage Substitution Validation Rules, F1481, context