- This article describes how to use Business Rules in Recruiting to sum values from Number Type fields.
- The same rule structure can be applied to Job Requisition, Candidate Profile, Job Application and Offer Letter.
- This rule will only be executed on the UI.
- Notice that the article intends to show the Business Rule feature capability and let the users be more familiar with the tool. The rule described can have different behaviors on different system. Please reach out to your Implementation Team and/or Partner for implement the same if you are having any issues with it.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Rule to sum values from Numeric Fields:
- It's possible to define this rule structure to all 4 Recruiting templates. Please, make sure to select the correct template while creating the rule.
- When selecting a template, you will only be able to work within the selected scenario. For example, if you create a Candidate Profile rule and you want to have the same on the Job Application, you must create a Job Application rule as well.
- Candidate Profile and Job Application rules are not supported when Mobile Apply is enabled. Business Rules for Mobile Apply are on road map and will be enhanced on further releases (2866437 & 2781775).
- The sum function only applies to Number Field types.
Sample Case: Sum the values from the different fields into a fourth one.
Base Object: Job Requisition
Trigger Event: OnSave
Steps to create the rule:
- Go to Configure Business Rules and click Create New Rule.
- Select Recruiting option and choose Configure Business Rules on Job Requisition.
- Type the Rule Name and Rule ID.
- You can leave the Start Date as it is.
- Description if desired.
- Select the Base Object.
- Click Continue.
- On "IF" parameter, set it as "Always True", so this rule will be always be executed no mattering a condition.
- On "THEN" parameter, you will define the actions of the rule:
A. Set Standard Job Requisition.Field of your choice to be equal to Add Multiple()
B. Use the "+" to add new fields
NOTE: The field in the "Set" condition will be where the sum will appear. For example, in the below image, the results from the sum of the field 1, field 2 and field 3 will appear at the field 4.
- Save the rule. You will be able to modify it anytime.
- Go to Manage Rules in Recruiting
- On Candidate section, set the rule on "onSave" event. Click save to apply the changes.
Business, Rules, Recruiting, Rule, Add, Sum, Calculate, Number , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-RUL , Recruiting Rule Issues with MDF Platform , How To