- You're requesting the next available person IDs through OData to create new employees;
- You observe frequent large gaps between the numbers generated by each subsequent function call. For instance:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- OData API
Increments larger than 1 are normal and gaps may occur occasionally, as person IDs which were occupied before may become available if users are purged from the system.
However, if they are occurring too frequently, it may be an indication that you are using the legacy SYSCONFIG mechanism to generate the next person ID.
- Navigate to Admin Center-> Company Settings -> Company System and Logo Settings and select the 'Enable Database Sequence to generate next Employee Id' checkbox;
- You may refer to this page from the Employee Central Master handbook for more information.
user, id, jump, space, interval, new hire, returning, big, request, call, new hire, creation, creating, create , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-ODATA , OData API Framework , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Problem