You have an expired Customer Contract Item that is still being considered in Revenue Recognition Runs.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Reports view.
- Open the Revenue Recognition Run History report.
- Enter the relevant Selection.
- Click Apply.
The Current Earned Revenue column still has amounts for current periods, however you expected no amounts.
Or you notice the Contract item being processed by checking the Revenue Recognition run's application log:
- In the Cost and Revenue work center go to the Revenue Recognition view.
- Find the just executed Revenue Recognition run.
- In the Details table, in the Logs collumn click on the Log Result link.
The Contract Item is still considered in Revenue Recognition Run as it is not fully completed; Either the invoicing status, or the fulfillment status (or both) are not Finished. Or the Item's end date has not been reached.
For a Contract Item to be completed,
- it must have reached its end date,
- its Fulfillment status must be finished,
- its Invoicing status must be finished.
In case the Item is not finished for delivery, you can check the below steps to mark it:
- Go to the Cost and Revenue work center.
- Go to the Sales Document Items view.
- Show Customer Contract Items view and select the relevant Item.
- Open the Contract XXX (XXX represents the Contract ID).
- Press View All.
- Go to the Items tab.
- Select the pertinent Item.
- Click Finish -> Fulfillment.
Once Invoicing as well as Fulfillment status are finished, you will notice the Finanal Delivery Date and Invoice Date is set:
- In the Cost and Revenue work center go to the Sales Document Items view.
- Filter for the Contract item.
- Navigate to the Dates tab: Here, the Final Delivery Date and Final Delivery or Invoice Date will be filled.
Once this item is set, all accrued of deferred amounts will be cleared.
The Revenue Recognition Run will then set the Revenue Fully Recognized indicator (Sales Document Items view, Accounting Data tab), so that the Item is no longer considered by the run.
Customer Contract Item, Expired, Revenue Recognition. , KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , How To