After creating a table and adding multiple calculations (such as cumulative sums) to the table, setting the number of decimal places for one of the calculations changes the number of decimal places for all the calculations and for the data cells.
- SAP Analyics Cloud 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a story and add a tableAdd multiple calculations to the table (such as cumulative sum)
- In the formatting tab, select the number of decimal places for one of the sumsNote that it changes it for all sums - not just the one selected.
This happens because when sums are added they are linked to each other by default. In order to set the decimal places individually you need to unlink them from the data cells.
- In the formatting tab, select the "Reset to Auto" button (The x with an arrow around it to the right of "Number format")
- Under the Columns, select each Calculation individually and select the formatting options.
- Uncheck "Use Number formatting of data cells"
- Then enter the desired number of decimal places for the calculation.
Media not computed.
decimal format calculation , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , Problem