- Not able to import multiple entries on custom portlet.
- An import with same data and different effective date shows successful in Monitor Jobs but is not imported on the Portlet through incremental mode.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Metadata framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Import and Export Data.
- Select the custom MDF object in the Generic Object field.
- Select External Code as Key Preference
- Select Purge Type as Incremental.
- Import the file for external code and navigate to Monitor Jobs. Status will show as successful.
- Navigate to Employee Profile of the user and see that the effective date record imported did not get imported.
For MDF imports, to avoid accumulation of redundant data by duplicate inserts and unchanged updates, by default the Suppress Redundant Date-Effective Records option is enabled. This eliminates redundant date-effective records and improves performance. You have the option to opt-out of Suppress Redundant Date-Effective Records by selecting No in the Import and Export Data page, if that is decided for the concerned customer or instance.
Set Suppress Redundant Date-Effective Records to No so that duplicate entries for different effective dates will be imported in Import and Export Data Page upon import.
To perform this, please navigate to:
- Select Import and Export Data in Admin Center Tools.
- Select No for the Suppress Redundant Date-Effective Records field.
- Perform the Import once again and select other import fields depending on your requirement.
Please also see MDF Help Guide for more information on this.
unable to import multiple records with different effective date but same data, Suppress Redundant Date-Effective Records, custom MDF import different effective date , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-IMP , Import and Export Issues , Problem