When an Offer approval is sent to a user that has the SuccessFactors in the Mobile, this user received a Push notification on the phone. This notification shows the firstName and the lastName combined as one single thing:
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new Offer for the candidate;
- Send this offer to be approved by the user, so this same user receives the PUSH notification;
- The notification received has the first and last name of the candidate with not spacing:
- When opening the notifications tab inside SF application, the same thing is seen:
- But on the To-Do list, the name shows correctly:
This is caused by the PUSH Notification component on SuccessFactors, when the notification is sent to the mobile, it is not built correctly.
The problem is replicable in Both iOS and Android phones, since this is caused by the component inside SuccessFactors that sends the mobile push notification and not the mobile application itself, which is why this is also not replicable on the Browser and it is not seen on the To-Do.
The Softare Engineering team has created a fix for this problem and it is planning to deploy on b2011 release, since the fix is inside the SF Services and not on the Mobile App.
Current Status: Fix confirmed for b2011
RCM-82258, mobile, push, notification, name, first, last, no, spacing, combined , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-MOB , Mobile Interface, Mobile Apply , Problem