What is the criteria for the attachments name to wrap, in People Profile?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
Some file names are breaking line, while others are not:
This is expected behavior. In case the file name starts without dashes and/or underscores (-/_), only with spaces between each word, then the file name will be in one line, with elipse.
However, if the file name starts with dashes and/or underscores (-/_), it will automatically wrap.
File names like:
- "Test_test_test_test_test test test test test test test test.pdf";
- "Test-test-test-test-test test test test test test test test.pdf";
Will be treated as one long word, and consequently, break word style will take effect, causing them to be automatically wrapped:
If you want the display style to be in one line with eclipse, just keep the file name as following or replace (-/_) with space:
- "Test test test test test-test-test-test-test-test-test-test.pdf";
- "Test test test test test_test_test_test_test_test_test_test.pdf";
- "Test test test test test test test test test test test test test.pdf";
Then, you will get a consistent style on the block:
2218874 - Upload of attachments to Employee Profile - SuccessFactors Employee Profile
2799607 - Setting up Attachments in BCUI - SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
File name, filename, wrap, wrapping, one work, elipse, one word, hide, ..., attachment, name, break word, one line, attachments, background data, background block, import, live profile import. , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-PP3 , People Profile (PP3) , Problem