- Internal candidates that have their profile completed are unable to apply for a job because it is giving an error that their profile is not complete with the required fields.
- The system is not allowing them to progress because in the previous employment section of the profile, the ‘end date’ field is giving the error even though it is already filled.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Careers > Select ‘Apply’ on any job
- Scroll down and click on next
- You will then see the error on the ‘Is this your current/present employer?’ field
- Fill it out as ‘Former Employee’ or 'No' for all the records that have this error
- Then try to proceed again and then the error will be on the end date field now
- See the error even though an end date is already filled:
This was an UI issue that was happening during the toggling of picklist 'Present Employer' in background data field.
The fix for this issue will be provided in B2011 release.
For now, you may use the following recommended workarounds:
- You can delete the previous employments and re-add them
- You can change the end date field to something else in order to proceed with applying
SF, Success Factors, RCM, field is required error , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAP , Candidate Profiles , Problem