You created a PDI Extension Field and added it to a Table as a column in any Sales View (E.g Sales Order, Sales Quote, Customer Invoice, etc), however, you are not able to Sort the column by clicking on it.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Using an example where the field is added to the Sales Order view:
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Open the Sales Orders view.
- In this screen, click on the Column Header ABC (Where ABC represents the PDI Extension Field name).
- Select "Sort Ascending" or "Sort Descending".
This used to happen due to a corrupt ChangeElementSequence change transaction (in PDI fields). This type of change transaction is created once an user changes the order of the table columns via drag & drop action.
This behaviour was fixed by the development team so there should be no new cases, but on cases where it has already happened, it's necessary to perform some steps in order to fix it.
- Navigate to a screen where you have added the PDI Extension Field as a Column.
- From the Adapt menu, select Enter Adaptation Mode.
- Select the Table.
- Drag the Column to a new position.
- Drag the Column back to it's original position.
- Click on Save and Publish on the Right-side of the screen.
- Exit Adaptation Mode.
You should now be able to sort this Column.
2813020 - Calculation Table is Not Available in Invoice Documents view
Table, Sort, Extension Field, Ascending, Descending, unable, not working, OWL screen. , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-RT-B , ByD HTML5 Client (not for Cloud for Customer) , How To