When importing Competency Description, special characters are not displayed correctly compared to manually updating via UI.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP Internal Systems, sample data, or Demo Systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
UPDATE THE COMPETENCY DESCRIPTION VIA UI
- In Admin Center, go to Manage Job Profile Content.
- Select Competency.
- Include special characters in the description.
- Click Save.
- Notice the special characters are displayed correctly.
UPDATE THE COMPETENCY DESCRIPTION VIA IMPORT
- In Admin Center, go to Manage Job Profile Content Import/Export.
- Import your Competency file.
- Make sure to include special characters in the description.
- Once the import is complete, go to Manage Job Profile Content and select Competency.
- Notice the special characters are not displayed correctly.
Due to the difference in encoding used in the file and in the Job Profile Builder system, special characters are not displayed correctly.
This will be fixed in the second half release, b2011. For the schedule of release for 2020, please see KBA 2521176 - SuccessFactors Releases | Deployment schedule for 2020.
JPB Special Characters, JPB Import, Special Characters Import, Competency Description , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JPB , Job Profile Builder , Problem