The downloaded CSV file from system shows '???' instead of Chinese characters.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Enter Adaptation mode.
- Click 'Edit' for the field you wish to edit the List Values.
- Download the file from List value.
- Provide the Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese description within the downloaded excel sheet and save the file in CSV format.
- Upload the file in List Value.
- Observe in the “Description for List value”, the translated text is not replicated properly. You can see '???' instead of Chinese characters.
When you download the file from the system, it is in *.xlsx format as Chinese characters are not compatible with CSV when exported directly. When converting CSV files to Microsoft Excel, Asian characters (e.g. CJK characters) tend to loose their encoding, hence they are not being displayed properly when opening in Excel.
- In Microsoft Excel, open the *.xlsx file.
- Select Menu > Save As.
- Enter any name for your file.
- Under "Save as type", select Unicode Text.
- Click Save.
- Correct the file extension to CSV.
- Open your saved file in Microsoft Notepad or Notepad++.
- Replace all tab characters with commas (",").
2926780 - Chinese content in the exported file (.csv) is garbled
export to excel, Chinese characters, download csv, question marks , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-FLX , Page Layout & Key User Configuration , Problem