- An error message is displayed when you enter payment terms in the Create Sales Orders - VA01 or the Change Sales Orders - VA02 app: Terms of payment <terms> are not defined. Message no. V1398.
- The payment term displayed in the error message is already maintained in configuration step 102934.
- Issue happens in production system, but not in the quality system.
"Image/data in this document is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Create Sales Orders - VA01 app or Change Sales Orders - VA02 app.
- Enter terms of payment in the field Pyt Terms.
- Message is displayed: Terms of payment <terms> are not defined.
A transport issue might happen from Q to P system.
The payment terms must be available in three tables in the database.
In most cases when this error happens, there is no record in one of the tables, related to the specific payment term in the error message.
If this is the case, you need to do a dummy change for the sales text in configuration step 102934:
The Sales text must be changed and saved, and then the change can be undone again by placing the original sales text:
This change will trigger a new request for transport from Q to P.
As soon as the transport from Q to P is complete, the error message should not displayed again.
terms of payment, payment term, pyt terms, payt terms, T052, TVZB, TVZBT, 102394, Maintain Terms of Payment, sales order, VA01, VA02, V1398 , KBA , SD-SLS-SO , Sales Orders , FI-FIO-AP , Fiori UI for Accounts Payable , FI-AR-AR , Basic Functions , SV-CLD-SSC , Self-Service-Configurations-UI , Problem