Telephone number maintained in App Maintain Business Partner is not fully visible in CDS VIew "I_Supplier".
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Open App Maintain Business Partner.
- Choose Business Partner. For e.g. 00001234
- Maintain the Telephone number in Communication section. For e.g.: +91 12 345 6789 with Extension as 001.
- Open App Custom CDS View.
- Choose View I_Supplier.
- Click on Preview.
- Choose Supplier for which you have maintained Telephone Number.
- Check the Telephone number is trunacted. For e.g.: It is shown as +91 12 345 67...
The PhoneNumber field in I_Supplier only supports 16 characters and is used to display the phone number followed by the extension. If the combined number along with extension, exceeds 16 characters, the field shows '...' at the end to indicate that it is not the full phone number.
To view the complete telephone number in CDS View I_Supplier, ensure that either the combination of telephone and extension is less than 16 characters or remove country code prefix from the phone number.
App Maintain Business Partner also throws a warning that the country code prefix should not be added to the Phone Number.
As an alternative, Segment /A_AddressPhoneNumber of OData API API_BUSINESS_PARTNER can also be used to fetch the complete telephone number.
S4_PC, S/4HANA, S/4HANA Cloud, cloud, I_Customer, I_Supplier, customer, supplier, business, partner, bp, telephone, phone, number, communication, extension , KBA , LO-MD-BP , Business Partners , AP-MD-BP , Business Partner , Problem