You observed that the manager of some employees is not correct or blank in the personnel file, even though they are all below the same parent org unit.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Personnel Administration work center
- Click on Employees view
- Search for the relevant employee IDs
- Click on Edit
- Go to Organizational Management work center
- Click on Org structures
- Click on Find
- Search for the child org unit
- Click on Locate
If the parent org unit is not marked as Reporting Line Unit, then the system is designed to adopt a best fit scenario regarding employees and reporting line units:
- If there is no parent Reporting Line Unit, then the best fit could be to pick the previous manager as manager in the personnel file.
- If there is no parent Reporting Line unit and the same employee was the manager of the Reporting Line Unit, then the best fit could be to leave the field manager in the personnel file blank.
If you wish to see the manager of the parent org units as a manager in the personnel file, you might mark the parent org unit as Reporting Line Unit.
Berichtsstruktur, Berichtet an nich korrekt, Reporting Line Unit, manager in personnel file not correct, , KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , Problem