When selecting and Invoice in the Invoice Documents and clicking on the Follow-Up button the Option Debit Note is grayed out.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Documents view.
- Select the respective Invoice .
- Click on the Follow-Up button.
The option Debit Note is grayed out.
- The option Debit Note is grayed out because the Tax Country of your Invoice is not India.
- The option Debit Note as a follow up document of an invoice has been developed for India and is available with Release 2008
- Since this is specific to the Indian localization the option is therefore only available for Invoices with Tax Country India.
This is the designed system behavior.
See also Help Center document for Release 2008: What's New in Customer Relationship Management
Under the Section India you can see the following:
Debit Note in Customer Invoicing
For India, a new document subtype in customer invoicing called Debit Note has been introduced. A separate numbering rule has been made available for this document subtype in the business configuration activity Document Numbering Formats for Customer Invoicing.
Debit Note; greyed out; grayed out; disabled; not enabled; Follow up ; Invoice , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , AP-CI-CI-GLO , Cross-Country Extensions , Problem