- Unable to change or reset the user's password in onboarding.
- Candidate not able to create a password.
- Can’t use three more repeat characters or consecutive numbers.
- Error: “The following fields are required and must be filled in before you continue…”
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding 1.0 - All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
Resetting the candidate’s password:
- Under your instance, go to Security > Users
- Find the candidate in case
- Click on “Reset Password”
- Try to enter a new password.
Candidate creating the password for the first time:
- Candidate goes to Employee/Onboarding Portal
- Tries to enter the password.
The root cause of the error can be the configuration of the password. You need to make sure that all the required criteria are meeting and that you are not using a combination that violates the criteria you have set.
- Log into your environment.
- Go to Onboarding > Settings
- Under the tab “Password Security”, check if you allow the password to contain repeat or consecutive characters. In case you don’t have these options selected you won’t be able to use, for example: “123”, “abc”, “aaa”, “111”.
- If you want to make this change, you just need to select the box and make sure, you will also change the “Number of Criteria That Must Be Met Making Password” to match with the number of box you selected.
2247665 - How to Reset Onboarding User Password – Onboarding
SuccessFactors, Change, Correct, Credentials, Update, Create, Security, Settings , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-ADM , Admin Tools, Settings, Permissions , Problem