New dimension members added to a dimension do not show up in an existing story even if input control and table filter is set to "All" members.
Members show up in the list of members in both the input control and table filter but are not applied.
Re-selecting "All" in input control does not refresh the members.
Only editing the story and re-selecting "All" in the dimension filter refreshes the members
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.8.22
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a story with a table referencing a planning model
- Add a dimension to the row template and choose "All" for the filter selection
- Add the same dimension to an input filter in the story and select "All" again for the filter.
- Save the story
- Add one or more new dimension members in the dimension referenced in the story
- Open the story again. Note that in the table the new members do not show in the row template.
- Expand "ALLMEMBERS" in the input filter on the left of the story and scroll down, the new members are selected but not showing in the table.
- Unselect and reselect All in the input control, the table does not update to show the new members.
- Edit the story and go to the filter for the dimension and open the "Set filters" box and scroll down, note that the new members appear as selected.
- Unselect and reselect "All members" and click on OK
- You will now see the new members in the row of the table.
This is a current known limitation of the SAC product.
The "All Members" in Table Builder Panel is meant as a quick selector to mark all members. These selected members are then persisted in the filter definition. If new member are added in the model they are not added automatically to the filters defined in the table.
The member selector needs to be re triggered to collect All existing and New members again to include it in the Table.
If a story or table is meant to include all members of a particular dimension, the recommended workaroud is to not use any filter for this dimension at all when all (future) members of the dimension should be updated automatically in the table.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- 2851317 - Where can I find more information on SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) for Planning features and documentation?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Sac, Acquisition, Model, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working , KBA , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , Problem