This articles covers the feasibility of confirming through the SuccessFactors system all RCM fields tied to a specific picklistID.
Reproducing the Issue
This could be useful in the following scenarios:
- You want to delete a picklistID from the system, but you are not sure what fields will be impacted.
- You want to update a picklistID, but you are not sure what fields are actually using it now, so the updated fields stay coherent to the places they are displayed.
The SuccessFactors system has no functionality that would provide us this information. As a workaround, you can use third party text editors and check all active XML templates for this information.
Please remember that although most of what is set in RCM fields is controlled in the XML templates (candidate profile template, application template, job requisition template and offer detail template), picklists could be used in pages not controlled by templates too. A few examples are:
- Data sent to external CSB pages,
- Career site filters set in Internal and External Career Search Settings,
- RCM-RMK integration set in Setup Recruiting Marketing Job Field Mapping
As there is no tool within our system that provides this information, we recommend the engagement of an implementation partner team, so you may make sure all different parts of the system were properly checked and confirmed whether they are tied to a specific picklistID or not.
In case you believe we could have some built-in functionality for that, we would be glad to hear from you. Should you like to share your thoughts on this with us, please follow your Enhancement Request process.
2484462 - Internal and External Career Search Settings in Admin Center - Recruiting Management
picklist , field , template , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-ADM , Admin Center, RBP, Permissions and Settings , How To