1. isql -i to run a script doesn't work. For example,
isql -Usa -Ppwd -Sservername -i dump_db.sql
After running above, the backup job is not executed, no backup file is generated.
dump database dbname to "/path/db.dmp" with compression = 4
-- e.g. dump database LS1 to "/logship/dump/database.dmp" with compression = 4
2. There is no problem with text or syntax in the script
3. Permission checked
4. Backup can be taken manually after logging on to ASE server
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
isql -i, script, od -c, dos2unix , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.