When referring a Candidate via Refer Friend to Job feature and Resume uploaded is invalid (unsupported), the Candidate Profile is still created.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SuccessFactors - Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Refer a friend to Job.
- Fill out required data/fields.
- Upload and invalid resume (.csv .xls etc).
- Click Send.
- You will be prompted with a message saying Resume is not supported for Resume and Cover Letter.
- Go to Candidate Search and Search for the Referred Candidate.
- You will see that the Candidate Profile has been created.
Reason why this is happening is that the Candidate Profile gets created first upon referral and then the validation of the attachment (Resume) is done afterwards.
Currently this is working as per system code design and any changes done may needs an enhancement request to change the current behavior.
For steps on how to raise an enhancement, please refer to How to Submit Enhancement Requests for SAP SuccessFactors Products
Candidate Referral, Invalid Resume, Candidate Profile Created , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAO , Candidate Offers, Offer Letters , Problem