When you add incorrect Postal Code for Taiwan, you receive below message:
Warning : Error Postal code XXXXXXXX must not have more than 6 characters (where XXXXXXXX is non 6 digit Postal Code).
SAP Cloud for Customer core applications: Version 2008 onwards
Reproducing the Issue
- Business Partner work center
- Business Partner view
- Select Sample record
- Open its corresponding linked Account and edit Address Information
- Add Country TW- Taiwan
- Add Postal Code: XXXXXXXX
- It is saved with above Warning Message
You expect the system to throw an error message:
Postal code XXXXXXXX must not have more than 6 characters
Address settings from errors to warnings is enabled in Fine-tuning Actvities.
This settings saves postal codes that does not fit to the selected country.
You can check the settings at :
- Business Configuration workcenter
- Select Fine Tuning Activities
- Addresses and Languages
- Address Checks
Allow saving of inconsistent addresses is Selected
Addresses, Taiwan, Postal Code , KBA , LOD-LE-BP-BP , Business Partner , Problem