Setting up Rated Skills visibility role-based permissions using the Configure Object Definitions tool , getting the below error when configuring the field "RBP Subject User Field" to have the value "externalCode":
"Invalid subject user field externalCode of object definition RatedSkillMapping was found. The subject user field should come from an object definition that is not of from parent type."
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center Configure Object Definitions;
- Go to Search Object Definition Rated Skills;
- Go to Take Action Make Correction;
- Go to the Security section towards end of the page:
- Go to the Secured field and select Yes;
- Go to the Permission Category field and select Manage Job & Skill Profile Visibility;
- Verify that RBP Subject User Field contains the words externalCode;
- The CREATE Respects Target Criteria is set to No.
- Select Save to finish.
Discrepancy in the topic of "Setting Up Visibility for Rated Skills" of the Job Profile Builder Implementation Guide.
*Temporary work around*
Leave blank the field "RBP Subject User Field" till the implementation guide is updated with a new version.
More details of the field "RBP Subject User Field:
- Specify any user field in the current object definition. The value can then be used to create user-based permission groups in RBP.
SuccessFactors; Object Definition; Rated Skills; RatedSkillMapping; RBP Subject User Field; externalCode; , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-JPB , Job Profile Builder , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , Problem