- Publishing model feature behaves differently from the feature of Convert to Public Dataset in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- Using Publishing Model feature, one model independent from the embedded model in story will be published
- Using feature of Convert to Public Dataset, the published dataset is same as the embedded dataset in story
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.16.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Create a new story and then select Access & Explore Data.
- Select Data Uploaded from a file.
- Select one source file from local PC in Create Dataset From File dialog.
=> The imported data will be shown in Data tab.
- Switch to Story tab.
- Insert one Chart/Table to show data of the embedded dataset and then Save the story.
- Switch back to Data tab and then click Convert to Public Dataset.
- Select Open with Basic Data Preparation from save menu.
=> One embedded model will be automatically generated.
- Switch to Story tab and then insert another chart/table to show data of the embedded model.
- Save the story and then switch back to Data tab.
- Select Publish Model menu and then save it to somewhere with a different name.
=> The model name shown in Data tab is not changed to the published model name.
- Open the dataset published in step 7.
=> It indicates that the dataset is used in the story.
- Open the model published in step 11.
=> In indicates that the model is currently not used in any stories or processes.
=> It means that the published model is independent from the embedded model in the story.
=> The publishing model feature performed in step 11 behaves differently from the feature of Convert to Public Dataset performed in step 7.
- The different behavior is by-design.
- when converting embedded dataset to public dataset, SAC changes the embedded dataset itself to public dataset.
- when publishing embedded model, SAC makes a copy of the embedded model and makes the copied model public.
Work on the two features in designed behavior.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , Problem