A custom field is created under business context 'Sales: Sales Document', 'Sales: Sales Document Item' and 'Sales: Billing Document'. And in business context 'Sales: Sales Document', business scenario 'Sales Document to Billing Document on Header Level' is enabled too. However, when creating a billing document with reference to a sales document, the custom field doesn't get copied from sales document header to billing document header.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Custom field is created under several business contexts and the UIs are also activated accordingly.
- Open Create Sales Documents app and create a sales document with a value of the custom field in header but no value in item.
- Enter change mode after saving this sales order.
- In the menu bar, choose button More - Sales Document - Billing and navigated to billing document creation screen.
- Click on Save button and you will find there is no value for this custom field in billing document header.
This custom field under business context 'Sales: Sales Document' has those 2 following business scenarios to be enabled. However, system logic will read header level data transfer firstly, then read sales document item to billing document header. Thus, the initial value in sales document item custom field will overwrite the billing document header custom field again after the header to header data transfer.
- Sales Document to Billing Document on Header Level
- Sales Document to Billing Document from Item to Header Level
- Disable the business scenario 'Sales Document to Billing Document from Item to Header Level' to avoid the second data transfer.
- Alternatively, you can add value into the custom field in sales document item based on the real business needs.
Custom Fields and Logic, Sales Document to Billing Document from Item to Header Level, Custom Field, Sales: Sales Document, Billing Document, Sales Document, Data Transfer, Get Copied , KBA , SD-BIL-EXT , SD Billing Extensibility , SD-SLS-EXT , Extensibility , Problem