To-Do Tile is showing the wrong percentage completion for Employee's Profile.
In the tile a percentage is displayed, but in Employee's Profile Header there is a different value.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Employee Profile
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the "Home" page;
- See that the "To-Do" Tile is displaying a parcentage;
- Now go to "Employee Profile";
- See that in the header, the percentage completion is showing a different value.
- But if you try to click on the To-Do Tile in order to complete the profile, you will get an error message:
(This is the error message you will get in case you are proxying as the affected employee and trying to click in the To-Do Tile to reproduce the issue)
(This is the error message the employee will get when trying to click the To-Do Tile)
This is the standard and expected behavior for users who had Global Assignment.
To-Do Tiles are employee-based rather than user-based. Which means that To-Do Tiles will display all To-Do items for the current employee, not just the current user.
So please check in the UDF if the employee has two users (this is usually related to users who had Global Assignment, so usually one of them is active and the other, inactive), by following the steps below:
- Go to "Employee Export";
- Expand the "Specify Export Options" section;
- Flag the "Include additional identifiers" box;
- Click on "Export User File";
- Wait until the submitted request for user export is completed ;
- Click on the "Donwload Export" button;
- Open the .csv file;
- Filter by the Employee's name;
- See that you will have two records for the same Employee. There will be different USERNAMEs, USERIDs, but the same "PERSON_ID_EXTERNAL".
The "Access Denied Error" message refers to the fact that the employee who is trying to access the inactive profile to complete it does not have permission to access it.
This kind of permission is usually assigned only to "Super Admins". So, this is also expected.
In order to avoid situations like this please ask employees who are on Global Assignment, to always complete the profile before inactivating it.
But in case the inactive profile was not completed before inactivating it, you have three options to fix that:
- To purge the inactive employee by following the instructions listed in KBA 2392076 (which is not an option for you, as discussed during our call. Based on the fact that inactive employees can be re-activated/re-hired);
- To manually add the missing information to the inactive profile, by accessing it with an admin user and filling the fields;
- Or, to fill this information via import (it can be via UDF, but that will depend on what kind of fields are mandatory to complete the "Percentage Complete Wizard").
2634646 - Home page - To Do Tile - Finish your profile shows error message
2392076 - User Permanent Purge feature
percentage, percent, wizard, complete, completion, wrong, discrepant, discrepancy, different, value, header, to-do tile, to-do, access, denied, proxy, inactive, profile, global assignment, %, employee, employment, users, right, permission, error, message, can't, can, not, , KBA , LOD-SF-EP-PP3 , People Profile (PP3) , Problem