- A specific dimension is missing from Filter By or Analyse By filter panel in WFA for custom reports ORD/Canvas
- Previously the dimension was available in the custom report
SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics (ANA) - All versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Run your custom WFA report (ORD/Canvas)
- Click on Filter By or Analyse By
- Check that a dimension (e.g. Age) that used to be available is missing now
If a dimension is missing from Filter By option, it's because it is already set as an Analyze By filter, even though it could be hidden in the custom report. When "Analyze By" filter value is defaulted (i.e. the first one on the list in an alphabetical order), the Filter By dimension Node selector should not contain the same dimension as "Analyze By".
This behavior of not displaying a dimension in Filter By while it's already being used in Analyse By, or vice versa, is an expected behavior of the system after b2005 release.
Engineering has created an internal request to review this behavior and evaluate if there will be any change to it.
There are some workarounds available at this moment:
- Select any other Dimension in Filter By first, and after the page refreshes, open again Filter By and you should see the Dimension that was missing before
- Add a text component to the custom report with the token [%PAGE_ANALYSIS_DIMENSION%] -> This will make the Analyze By option to appear in the filter panel, then you will be able to select a different Analyze By filter, and the previous dimension will be available in Filter By option
- Rename the dimension in WFA Admin > Dimension Overrides -> This will replace the "default" Analyse By filter by another dimension. For example, if "Age" dimension is missing from Filter By, you can renamed it to "zAge". Therefore, the next dimension after Age (alphabetical order) will be defaulted in Analyze By and the "Age" dimension should be available in Filter By.
dimension is missing from Filter By or Analyse By filter WFA custom reports ORD Canvas , KBA , LOD-SF-WFA , Workforce Analytics & Planning , Product Enhancement