You see a process communication error within an intercompany Purchase Order and Sales Order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Select the Purchase Orders view.
- Search for the ID ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Purchase Order).
- Click the Edit button.
- Navigate to the Document Flow tab.
- Process Communication From the Sales Order XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the Sales Order).
Sales Order XYZ was released with only one (1) item of type PBTM - Service - time and material (project).
Purchase Order ABC has two (2) items, hence generating the error.
Once the A2A Sales Order is released, adding an item of type Expense - time and material (project) is not allowed. This can only be accomplished when the Sales Order is with the "In Preparation" status.
This is the expected system behavior.
For the new added item of type Expense - time and material (project), a new Purchase Order has to be created or it has to be of type Time and material(Project) in master data.
2925259 - Process Communication Error in Inter-company Sales Order
Purchase Order, Sales Order, PBTM, Time and Material, Intercompany , KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To