You are uploading time recording via excel sheet, however the actual hours are not getting updated in the respective project.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the excel for time recording upload
- log in to Bydesign system
- Enter the necessary details
- Select save to
- Message shows records created successfully
- Now, Go to Project Management work center
- Open the respective Project
- The hours are not available under actual hours field
The Excel Uploaded times are not showing on the project as they are not activated.
Errors can occur during activation for varied reasons e.g. because a labor resource did not exist for the project time recording or a purchase order could not be determined etc.
These errors can be seen by the administrator under Time Administration>Employee Time Records and then by selecting ‘Errors(Excel Upload)’.
The process for uploading Project time recordings is as follows:
- User uploads time via Excel where initial data validation on the times is done.
- Once uploaded, activation of the times is done via a backend job and if any error occurs, then an error task is created for the administrator.
- The administrator can check in Time Administration>Employee Time Records and select ‘Errors(Excel Upload)’ for the errors whereby they can proceed to correct and activate the times.
Please use the Time Administration>Employee Time Records view to see the errors for the times uploaded and correct via the time sheet.
Time Recording via Excel, Time Sheet, Project Time Recording, Excel Upload , KBA , time recording via excel , excel upload , project time recording , time sheet , AP-TIM-TIM , Employee Time , Problem