Contacts maintained within Activities such as Appointments are not deleted or changed, when the account is deleted or changed.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Activities work centre.
- Go (for example) to the Appointments view.
- Create a new appointment.
- Add an account and a contact.
- Save and open.
- Now delete or change the account.
Result: the contact you entered stays the same.
You entered the contact manually. Generally, the system will not override manual decisions.
If you set automatic determination for the contact, the system will automatically derive the contact by your settings and when deleting the account, will delete the contact.
- Go to the Business Configuration work centre.
- Go to the Overview facet and search for the Fine Tune Activity: Activities.
- Click the link: Maintain Involved Parties for Appointments.
- Activate the role: Contact of Account by setting the check-box in the 'Active' column.
- Select the line and click Maintain Determinations.
- Activate step 10: Contact of Account and select the 'Take Over' drop-down as needed (for example: Main party, otherwise arbitrary one).
This will result in the system determining the contact from the account, meaning, the contact is no longer selected manually.
Therefore, when making a change to your account selection, the system will re-determine the contact.
Note: if entered manually, the system will not re-determine it, even if this setting is active.
not deleted, Primary contact, task, , KBA , LOD-CRM-ACT , Activities , How To