Upon feeding a UserID through the connectors, the user account is not created. Checking on the details of the Connector report yields the validation error of "Purged user cannot be reincarnated. StudentID [XYZ]"
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Learning User
- Proceed to purge the user through DRTM tools
- Navigate to LMS_ADMIN property file and set enablePurgeLog=true
- Run the Purge Deleted User Audit History Automatic Process
- Run the Connector with the purged UserID
While a user has been purged from the system, the ID is still in the PA_USER_PURGE_LOG for compliance reporting. The same ID cannot be used if it is in the Purge Log.
By default the enablePurgeLog is set to false. Only enable the Purge Log if your company requires this for reporting purposes. There is no way to delete any information from the Purge Log thus any UserIDs that were purged with the setting cannot be re-used.
Going forward, any users that are to be purged and the IDs need to be reused, follow this process:
- If it is unknown that any users have been purged that need to be in the Purge Log, proceed to run all Data Retention purges and then the Purge Deleted User Audit History Automatic Process before purging any other users
- This will make sure that you are in compliance for users that do need to be kept in the Purge Log.
- Proceed to LMS_ADMIN property file in System Configuration and modify enablePurgeLog=false and Apply Changes
- Follow proper Purge process per your business needs along with the Purge Deleted User Audit History Automatic Process
- Use either the SF User Connector or the User Connector to recreate the user
- Proceed to LMS_ADMIN property file in System Configuration and modify enablePurgeLog=true and Apply Changes
As the system does not have a way to purge the Purge Log and if the UserIDs need to be reused, the following options can be explored:
- Contact your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager to engage SAP Professional Services to create a custom script. How and When to reach out - Professional Services Consultant, Partner and Account/Finance Team
- Raise an enhancement request
More information in the User Assistance Documentation.
Purged, user, cannot, reincarnated, reincarnation, create, update, connector, lms, sf, purge, reuse, id, userID, enablePurgeLog , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-UDR , User Data Purge , How To