When employees and contacts are removed from an account, the associated business transactions such as leads and deal registration are also deleted by default.
Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Lead and followup opportunity with Account & Contact
- Copy the contact id used in Lead
- Go to the Data Protection and Privacy work center
- Delete the Contact Id
You experience after deletion of the Contact the Lead also got deleted but not opportunity or other transaction documents.
You expect that only the contact should be deleted and none of the associated transaction documents.
When employees and contacts are removed from an account, the associated business transactions such as Lead and Deal registration are also deleted by default.
It is an expected behavior.
If needed, administrators can restrict personal data deletion to the individual level. The transactions remain, allowing sales users to see the complete information about the customer.
To enable this functionality
- Go to Business Configuration workcenter
- Implementation Projects view
- Select Your Project
- Click on Edit Project Scope
- Go to Questions
- Expand Built-in Services and Support->System Management -> Security-> Scope the corresponding scoping question "During personal data removal, do you want to retain the transactional data and remove only the personal data of contacts and employees?"
SAP Help Document: Configure Depersonalization in Leads
Lead deleted, Data Protection, Contact, Employee , KBA , lead deleted, opportunity , lead deleted , LOD-CRM-LM , Lead Management , LOD-CRM-CON , Contact , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , Problem