- An import is performed to National ID entity.
- In the import file, different employees are assigned the same National ID number, Card Type and Country/Region.
- Upon validation, the system does not check for duplicates and it is possible to proceed with the import.
- The validation should block the import if same Country/Region + same Card Type + same National Id for different person in same template.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Employee Data Import
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center > Import Employee Data;
- Select National ID entity;
- Choose a file that contains different employees and the same National ID number, Card Type, and Country/Region.
- Click Validate Import File Data;
- There are no error(s) found in the import file.
- Go to the Employee Profile > National ID portlet > Edit;
- Add an already existing National ID number, Card Type, and Country/Region and
receive the error message: "National ID XX already exists for country/region XX and card type XX".
This is expected behavior, as per current system release.
It is expected that no duplicate check or error message is raised in this scenario. It was already identified as a functionality gap, and the Engineering team is working on an enhancement with yet no confirmed date for deployment.
National ID, ECT-136073, import, duplicate check, same, card type, error, already exists, number, upload , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , Problem