- Unable to edit a List of Values in the Business View Manager.
- Buttons to add and remove fields are grayed out in the List of Values (LOV).
- Unable to remove, or add a field, for a List of Values in the Business View Manager.
- How to modify a List of Values in the Business View Manager?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- In Business View Manager, logon to the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise Repository.
- In the Repository Explorer pane, navigate to the List of Values.
- Double click on the List i
- By design, it is not possible to modify a List of Values (LOV) in Business View Manager once it is used on at least one report, because it will break the Prompt Groups, and the reports that uses the dynamic parameter List of Values.
- When creating a dynamic parameter, and selecting a List of Values stored in the repository, it will create a Prompt Group. The Prompt Group is associated with the List of Values, and contains information on how the parameter prompts, like:
- Prompting Text,
- Allow multiple values,
- Allow range values,
- Show Value or Description,
- List of Values can have multiple Prompt Groups. For example: On one report where the List of Values is used, you many need to set the parameter to enter multiple values, and on another report, you may need to have a different prompt text, etc... It is using the same List of Values, but the parameter prompt is different.
- To be abe to edit the List of Values in the Business View Manager, all of the Prompt Groups associated with it needs to be deleted from the Repository. It is not recommended to do this because it will brake all the dynamic parameters used on reports that are using those Prompt Groups.
- The best solution will be to create a new List of Values in the Business View Manager, and use the new List of Values for the Dynamic Parameter used the report:
- In the Business View Manager, logon to the SAP BusinessObjects Repository.
- Create a new List of Values based on the same Business View as the previous List of Values.
- In Crystal Reports, logon to the SAP BusinessObjects Repository.
3.1 Under the menu "View", select "Repository Explorer"
3.2 On the right side, in the Repository Explorer pane, click on "Logon"
3.3 Enter the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform user name and password.
- Open the report containing the Dynamic Parameter that uses the previous List of Values you wanted to modify.
- Edit the parameter, and in the Choose a Data Source section, for the option "Existing", select the new List of Values created in the Business View Manager.
- Set the options for the parameter. ( Those options will be stored in a Prompt Group for the List of Values selected. )
- Click "OK" to accept the change.
- Save the report.
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2011 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020