- User with View access shared by model owner can change the model SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.8.15
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Share one private model to another user with only View Access.
- Log out and log on with the other user.
=> The shared model appears in My Files.
=> If selecting the model, the Edit icon is disabled.
- Open the model and then go to Model Preferences > Access and Privacy.
=> The user has Maintain privilege on the model.
=> The user can change the dimension name, user authorization, etc. in that model.
- This is only an UI issue, because the user cannot change model description, add dimension or do other model changes.
- On the other hand, the privileges to maintain a dimension (dimension change) are not inherited from the model. They must be maintained in the "Security" > "Roles" section.
There you can specify which role should have "Read", "Update", "Delete" or "Maintain" privileges for a certain dimension.
- The fix for the UI issue is planning to be delivered with wave 2020.21.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, share, sharing, view, access, modify, edit, maintain, privilege , KBA , LOD-ANA-ADM , SAC Administration , Problem