Purchase order approval task isn't sent to the approver displays under Approval tab in the order, you think system sends task to wrong approver.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to Purchase Orders view.
- Open the affected purchase order.
- View all and navigate to Approval tab, the approver showing there is ABC. (ABC represents the first approver displays under Approval tab)
- However the approval task is sent to DEF instead. (DEF represents the user who receives the approval task)
Item level approval for Purchase Orders is in scope. User has changed item content which triggers the item level appoval.
Approver task is sent to the item level approver DEF in the first place, after item level approval done, approval task will then be sent to header level approver ABC.
If you open the order and navigate to Items tab - Approval sub-tab, you will see that the item level approver is displaying there.
System is working as expected.
Item Level Approval, Purchase Order, Approval Task , KBA , SRD-SRM-PRO , Purchase Requests and Orders , How To