You have a Custom Data Source with a an element of data type Month. When trying to filter by this element on the Data Source you get incorrect results or see the below errors:
"Value ABC not valid for variable XYZ"
"Check your variable selections"
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
Reproducing the Issue
- You have a Custom or Extension Business Object.
- You have created a Custom element of data type Month.
- You have created a Custom or Extension Data Source for the Business Object.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open View Design Data Sources under Business Analytics Work Center.
- Search fro your Custom Data Source.
- Click Preview.
- Enter a value (for example, 6, 06, 0006) for the Month element.
The data type Month has a maximum character limit of four characters. When searching in the Data Source, the system expects a basic number (1 through 12). The Data Source then converts the value to four characters by appending "--0" or "--" in the case of 10, 11, 12.
You need to store the variable as the converted value (for example, --06) in the back end and use the basic number (for example, 6) in the Data Source filter. This is how the Month data type works in conjunction with Data Sources.
The other option would be to use another data type.
See SAP Knowledge Based Articles:
2535152 - Inconsistencies in Report Selections / Filters in Custom Reports
2679456 - Report Filters Not Working: Value Not Valid For Variable
2534002 - Filtering a Report Throws Error Message 'Value not Valid for Variable'
2541093 - Error in embedded report: Value not Valid for Variable
PDI, SDK, datasource, datatype, design, report, analytics, APC_V_MONTH , KBA , AP-RC-BDS-ANA , ByDesign Studio Analytics , Problem