When you create a new Service Request and try to enter a Account, the following error occurs:
Process type not determined for type code.
Error in bus. configuration for party determination; report an incident.
SAP Business Bydesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service Desk work center
- Create a New Service Request from Common Tasks.
- Add required details like Account
- The following error message occurs "Process type not determined for type code.
Error in bus. configuration for party determination; report an incident."
You have not scoped the Service Request Management in the system. However you were still able to access the Service Requests View because your user is to assigned Partner Development work center assigned (Identity Role: MAI_DEVELOPMENT).
This work center should not be used by business users, but only by SAP or partner developer users. This workcenter bypasses all assignment checks.
You can scope the Service Request Management by following the below steps:
- Go to Business Configuration
- Go to Implementation Projects
- Click button Edit Project Scope
- Go to Questions
- Expand Service->Customer Care->Service Request Management.
- Select the Checkbox for Customer Care and Service Request Management.
- Select the relevant question in the next step and finish your scoping.
Service Request ; Cannot create Service Request; , KBA , service request , new service request , AP-SRP , Service Request Processing , Problem