The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- The color is displayed with opposite order in Bar chart when there is a date dimension assigned in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2020.15.2
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAP Analytics Cloud tenant and create a new story.
- Select a model which has date type dimension.
- Add a Bar/Column chart.
- In Dimension part, assign a date type dimension.
- In Color part, assign a dimension and color palette.
- Notice that in the Bar/Column chart, the color is displayed with opposite order comparing with the color palette.
This issue is a by design behavior.
When Time or Date Dimension is selected, the chart is expected to display the most recent data points. By default, all of the retrieved data points are then sorted in reverse to display in chronological order, leading to the reversed order of colours.
There are the following two ways can be used for solving the issue:
- Turn OFF Color Sync
-> In the option for the Color dimension, choose Color Sync -> Unsync Colors
- Apply a sort for the Date / Time dimension in the chart
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , Problem