You notice an unposted source document of type Purchase Order with the error message 'Maintain valuation data for mat PQR company DEF and business residence 1234' in the General Ledger.
(PQR stands for the Material ID, DEF stands for the Company ID and 1234 stands for Business Residence ID)
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Closing Cockpit view.
- Go to the Source Documents subview.
- Select the Source Document in question, in this case the Source Document is a Purchase Order.
- In the Details section you can see the error ''Maintain valuation data for mat PQR company DEF and business residence 1234'.
The valuation data for the Material used in the Purchase Order is not active for the respective business residence 1234 and company DEF.
You need to update the Material master data for Company DEF:
- Go to the Products and Services Portfolio work center.
- Go to the Materials view.
- Select the Material PQR used in the Purchase Order.
- Press View all.
- Go to the Valuation tab.
- Search for Company DEF in the Companies field and Business Residence 1234 in the Business Residence field.
- You can see the Status is In Preparation.
- Select the option Active from the drop down list of Status field.
- Press Save.
Now you are able to post the Supplier Invoice from Unposted Source Documents.
Purchase order, Maintain valuation data, Valuation data of mat, unposted source document , KBA , source documents , valuation data of mat , business residence , AP-ACC-PUR , Purchase Ledger Account , Problem