You have confirmed Scrap Quantity in a Production Task which still has the status In Process, but when you check the Open Quantity in the Production Order header, the Open Quantity displayed is different from the Open Quantity in the Task Confirmation screen. You observe that the Total Scrap Quantity confirmed in the Task is not considered in the Open Quantity on the Production Order Header. Hence, you are convinced this is an Application error and would like to have this corrected.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Production Control work center.
- Navigate to the Production Orders view and choose By Order Header.
- Find the relevant Production Order.
- You can see the Open Quantity is displayed as X (X represents the number of the Open Quantity).
- Go to the Tasks sub-tab.
- Select and open the relevant Make Task.
- Click the Confirm button.
- Go to the Confirmations tab.
- You can see that the Open Quantity is less than the Open Quantity X above. You can also see that Total Confirmed Scrap Y (Y represents the number of the Total Confirmed Scrap Quantity) is equal to the difference between the two Open Quantities.
Confirmed Scrap Quantity is only considered at Task level, and that is the reason the Task is showing less Open Quantity. The Confirmed Scrap Quantity will not be updated on Production Order level.
If the Task is still In Process after confirming the Scrap Quantity, you have the flexibility to confirm that Scrap Quantity extra so that you can fulfill the Total Planned Quantity.
The system is working as expected.
Open Quantity, Scrap Quantity, Production Order, Confirmation, Make, Task , KBA , AP-PE-ORD , Production Order , AP-PE-TSK , Production Task , Problem