You have noticed that the aggregation values of some key figures in reports built upon standard data source MAT_GENERAL are not matching the actual sum of those fields.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Access the Design Reports work center view.
- Search for the relevant report created using the MAT_GENERAL data source.
- Open the report.
- Without filtering for any specific records in the key figures, run the reports — this will show values aggregated from all data.
- You expect the aggregated values display the result of summing up the respective values from all products in the system, but for some fields (for example, Gross Weight), the value displayed does not match this total.
All key figures of the MAT_GENERAL data source (except "Count") have aggregation type set as MAX instead of SUM. This means that, for each field, the highest value will be displayed instead of a sum of all values.
This is the standard system behavior.
MAT_GENERAL, value, reports , KBA , AP-PRD-ANA , Analytics , How To