Since the 2005 quarterly upgrade new catalogs are not added automatically to Business roles, some new apps cannot be accessed.
Change in the upgrade process introduced with 2005, there are no automatic adoptions of Business Roles executed anymore.
The new process to adjust the business roles in the system is detailed at Roadmap. Download the PDF called "Identity and Access Management Quarterly Release Activities.pdf"
and check its content.
After quarterly release upgrade of the Q-System
1. Check the final version of the What’s New Viewer for the IAM related updates.
2. Based on the previous review with the responsible Line of Businesses (Authorization Coordinators), add the new Business Catalogs to the existing
3. Analyze the Business Role changes after upgrade (app „Display Business Role Changes after Upgrade”). For further details check the accelerator IAM – Quarterly Release Activities.
4. Check and maintain for each Business Role the added Restriction Fields of the listed Restriction Types (app „Maintain Business Role“).
5. Trigger the automatic replacement of deprecated Business Catalogs with the new Business Catalogs (app “Business Catalogs”)."
SAP Note 2902340 - Identity and Access Management (IAM) Change Overview SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2005
IAM, Business Role, Business catalog, role, catalog, user, upgrade , KBA , BC-SRV-APS-IAM , Identity and Access Management , Problem