- In a new Leasing Contract you assign a Free Cost Object.
- After the successful validation you press Release but a 500 SAP Internal Server Error appears.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Lease Contract Management work center go to the Lease Contract view.
- Create a new Lease Contract maintaining all the mandatory data.
- Then navigate to the Lease Objects - Organizational Assignments sub-tab.
- Press Add row.
- In the Cost Assignment Type select a Cost Object type related to a Free Cost Object.
- Press Save.
- Press Actions and Choose Valuate.
- Press Release. This time the 500 SAP Internal Server Error appears.-
The Free Cost Object used is assigned to different Profit Centers during the life time of the Lease Contract.
The only way to achieve a Free Cost Object-Profit Center change during the life time of a Lease Contract is by assigning different Free Cost Objects, associated with different Profit Centers:
- In the Cost and Revenue work center create two Free Cost Objects, Free Cost Object A, assigned to Profit Center ABC, Free Cost Object B, assigned to Profit Center DEF (A and B represent two different Free Cost Object IDs; ABC and DEF represent two different Profit Center IDs).
- Create the new Lease Contract as above.
- In the Lease Objects - Organizational Assignments sub-tab assign Free Cost Object A only.
- Release the Lease Contract.
- Execute the Lease Posting Run for this new Lease Contract to activate the generated ROU.
- After the run, navigate back to the Lease Objects - Organizational Assignments sub-tab again.
- Press Add Row, maintain the relevant Start Date and assign Free Cost Object B.
free cost object with different profit centers, profit center change Lease Contract, dump when releasing Lease Contract , KBA , AP-ACC-FXA , Fixed Asset , Problem